Recession Proof Your Business with LinkedIn Company Pages (2023)
Will this be the year of financial doom and gloom that has been predicted? Even if you don’t think so within your own business, are you prepared if your customers are assuming it will be?
2023 could be a year of challenges as B2B buyers potentially have budgets cut and reduce discretionary spending. The market will become more competitive as opportunities are fewer. The 2022 LinkedIn-Edelman B2B Thought Leadership Report looks into this in more detail.
A key point to note from the research is that an organisation can offset some of the downside by using thought leadership to stay top of mind and demonstrate value. Let’s look into this in more detail.
Brand Thought Leadership Using LinkedIn Company Pages
Your LinkedIn Company Page is the perfect tool to create brand thought leadership. Here are five ways your LinkedIn Company Page can be fully utilised to give you the best chance of securing opportunities before your competitors.
- LinkedIn Company Pages are an effective way for B2B organisations to showcase their expertise and thought leadership to a professional audience. According to the 2022 LinkedIn-Edelman B2B Thought Leadership report, “79% of business decision-makers say they prefer to learn about new products and services through articles rather than ads.”
By publishing thought-provoking content on your Company Page, your B2B organisation can position itself as a thought leader in your industry and build credibility with your target audience. Explore the different content formats eg LinkedIn Articles, LinkedIn Newsletters, videos to see what resonates best with your target audience.
- The 2022 LinkedIn-Edelman B2B Thought Leadership report found that “78% of business decision-makers say they prefer to work with companies that are industry leaders and have a strong reputation.”
The saying ‘out of sight, out of mind’ applies here. By regularly publishing high-quality content on your Company Page, your company can demonstrate its knowledge and expertise in the industry. Which can help establish your reputation as a thought leader and attract potential customers. Think of your Company Page as the thought leadership hub for your industry.
- LinkedIn Company Pages allow B2B organisations to engage with their target audience and foster meaningful connections. The report found that “76% of business decision-makers say they prefer to work with companies that they have a strong relationship with.“
By actively engaging with followers on your Company Page through comments, likes, and shares, B2B organisations can build relationships and begin to build your community. Commenting as your Company Page is micro-content and can establish your business as a thought leader. The newly released feature that allows your Company Page to follow other Company Pages makes this even easier to implement social listening.
- LinkedIn Company Pages provide B2B organisations with the ability to reach a targeted audience. The platform allows organisations to select specific demographics, job titles, and industries to target their content to. This ensures that B2B organisations are sharing their thought leadership with the right people and increasing the chances of converting leads into customers.
If you haven’t used the Target Audience settings for LinkedIn Company Page posts before it is worth exploring. However, an important point to note is that no one from outside of your target audience will ever see the post. For Company Pages with small follower numbers we recommend not using this feature.
- LinkedIn Company Pages offer a variety of analytics and insights that allow B2B organisations to track the performance of their content and understand the engagement of their target audience. “73% of business decision-makers say they prefer to work with companies that provide them with insights and data to help them make informed decisions.” (2022 LinkedIn-Edelman B2B Thought Leadership report).
By using the analytics available on LinkedIn Company Pages, your business can understand which content is resonating with your audience and tailor your thought leadership strategy accordingly. As well as the content analytics, review the Visitor Analytics to ensure you are attracting your ideal audience.
The Modern B2B Buyer
There has been a power shift from seller to buyer will the access to information at our finger tips. The modern B2B buyer can sniff out old school sales techniques a mile a way. It’s time for businesses to adapt and be relationship driven. Fostering relationships on LinkedIn using original, and highly valuable thought leadership is the way forward.
No more spammy sales tactics that focus on fake leads driven by the wrong KPIs. Educate your Company Page Admins on how to build LinkedIn B2B Communities and invest in your employees to build their personal brands. This is a powerful combination as they work in synergy.
We recommend taking time to plan a strong content strategy and upskilling your team to stay ahead of the competition. For more details on how B2B Growth Co – LinkedIn B2B Strategy & Training can help your business with training here are our masterclass details – B2B Growth Co Services.
Wishing your business every success in 2023!
Michelle J Raymond is the Founder of B2B Growth Co – LinkedIn B2B Strategy and Training. Michelle is a globally recognised LinkedIn Pages expert, co-authoring the world’s first book on the topic, the international best-seller ‘Business Gold’. This was followed up by co-authoring ‘The LinkedIn Branding Book’ to assist people to grow their personal and business brands on LinkedIn.
Michelle’s commitment to, and knowledge of, LinkedIn for Business is recognised by the LinkedIn Pages team, becoming an appointed member of the LinkedIn Small Business Advisory Council for LinkedIn Pages.